Harvest plans

Information and questions regarding Deadly Harvest at Kelley's Island, OH

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:31 am

Harvest plans

What could be more perfect for a Deadly Harvest than scarecrows? We're going to offer Bonus Points to guests who bring a scarecrow to the island, and the scarier the better! If the wind cooperates we'll have them standing outside. We may have some posted in different locations on the island--maybe have teams HIDE a scarecrow and make them part of the Scavenger Hunt.

But we're definitely going to have scarecrows as a guest option and hope for the best (most malevolent) results. We'll probably go up to 50 Bonus Points for the best design.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:41 am

Re: Harvest plans

The town of Marshall, Michigan used to have a Scarecrow Festival. On one of our trips to Union City we saw it and it was something else.

I think what we MAY do for Kelleys is open the scarecrow competition to the funniest as well as well as the scariest scarecrows cause there's a lot of potential there. Then guests can bring a proctologist scarecrow (just for instance) or a dentist scarecrow named Tooth Puller. We can have them bring the story of their scarecrow and read them on Friday night. When we did The Legend of the Dragon's Claw at Ravenwood it brought out some really amazing and creative efforts from the guests. :P

Any thoughts on what else harvest-related we can do?

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:03 am

You should definitely put them out over the island and have some clues hidden in or on them. I think that we might have to do our scarecrow as a character from past mysteries. Maybe a zombie scarecrow!! I can make like voodoo scarecrows. I was already working ones up to decorate our window with my daughter.

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:04 am

Have you ever seen CornStalker's at Cedar Point? That could be fun too. It is a maze made out of stalks, and they even have people dressed up in them. What about a mini corn maze?

Return to Deadly Harvest Kelley's Island, OH Oct 12 - 13, 2012